Sunday, November 28, 2004

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, William Rehnquist Update

Rehnquist Update: The press release today stated he would not be on the bench for oral arguments on Monday.This still fits with my original thyroidblog report when he was first diagnosed with thyroid cancer.I predicted he would not return to the bench due to anaplastic thyroid cancer. I am sorry I was right, and hope he has a peaceful few weeks left. Usually chemotherpy, and radiation are not very helpful with this very aggressive tumor. The added side effects are not worth the use in my experience, except to relieve pain, prevent obstruction, and allow him to breathe. His doctors should make him as comfortable as possible, and we can all hope for the best. His diagnosis is still a big secret, but the history points to anaplastic as the best fit. Dr.G.

No comments: